Thursday, December 1, 2011

House Rules by Jodi Picoult

This is a great book! It's about a teenage boy that gets caught up in a murder investigation. The catch is that Jacob, the boy, has Asperger's syndrome and finds it impossible to lie or expand upon anything but the facts to prove himself innocent. Each chapter is told from the first person perspective of either Jacob, his mother, his younger brother, or someone associated with the investigation. Jodi Picoult does a lot of research for her books, and she manages to bring out both the positive and negative sides of Autism in a really touching way. Anyway, I thought this would make a great present for someone, or maybe a great addition to your own Christmas list. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm seriously considering buying this book. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other book Out of my mind...or something like that...is on my reading list for next semester. I'm not sure for what class but I guess i'll be reading it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. House Rules was a very well-written, informative and entertaining book. While I loved the character of Jacob, my heart went out to Theo. I learned alot about Asperger's Syndrome and felt the author did a great job getting the reader inside the head of Jacob. However, I was disappointed by the ending. I don't always expect a happy ending, but it would have been good to have a few of the loose ends tied up.

    ReplyDelete